1. Congrats to Gisele!
2. She gave birth to a baby girl she and Tom Brady decided to name Vivian Lake.
Here’s a photo of her holding the baby’s hand, which she posted on Facebook with a message that reads, “Vivian Lake was born at home on December 5. She is healthy and full of life.”
3. What could Kate Middleton possibly be thinking about this happy news?
2. Never Should Have Happened: The Rock in a gold vest and pants from the juniors’ department.
3. Never Should Have Happened: The Olsen Twins stealing from Bette Midler’s closet.
4. Never Should Have Happened: The Backstreet BoysssSS;liaje;oagemroi (sorry, went temporarily blind for a second; I’m better now).
5. Never Should Have Happened: Shaggy in a lime green tux. Which he later let Oprah borrow.
6. Never Should Have Happened: Coolio in an iridescent blue top. Because the fuzzy hat would have been enough.
7. Never Should Have Happened: Gwyneth in a shiny silver coat thing. Because that just added to the list of things she probably tortured Brad with.
8. Never Should Have Happened: Usher’s shiny chambray. Usher gets off with a warning for this one because it’s not too bad.
9. No! Bad, Usher! Bad, bad!
10. Never Should Have Happened: Joshua Jackson’s shiny pink pants. He’s lucky he still had a career after this.
11. Never Should Have Happened: Christina Aguilera’s three-piece ensemble. Just. So. Shiny.
12. Never Should Have Happened: Melissa Joan Hart’s…I don’t even know what is going on here.
13. Never Should Have Happened: January Jones and her — wait, what the — were they together?
14. Never Should Have Happened: Well, maybe “A Night at the Roxbury” wasn’t so bad…it was just that there were people in real life kind of like this.
15. Never Should Have Happened: Chilli and this outfit. Sending our deepest regrets.
16. Never Should Have Happened: Black Street in the same shiny suit AHHHHHHHHH!
17. Never Should Have Happened: Brian Setzer with the Dixie Chicks………
18. Never Should Have Happened: The Derek Zoolander School For Kids Who Can’t Read Good. And the silver suit.
19. Never Should Have Happened: Will Smith and everything he wore when that “Miami” song was out.
20. Never Should Have Happened: Busta Rhymes in shimmering purple. Please make it stop.
21. Never Should Have Happened: Jennifer Love Hewitt and the curtain from that boutique hotel that just got it wrong.
22. Never Should Have Happened: Britney Spears and the poor disco balls that had to die for the sake of her pants.
1. Everything you need to know about the British version of modeling competition The Face can be summed up in this GIF of Naomi Campbell riding a CGI plane.
By which, I mean, the show is AMAZING.
2. Suddenly the plane is a real plane. And Naomi is disembarking!
3. Now she’s getting into a car. This is a real car, don’t worry.
It might not be driving her anywhere, but we can all imagine that. Can’t we?
4. Meanwhile, lots of would-be model supermodels are also on their way to the auditions. They have to walk though.
5. Anyway, back to Naomi. Here she is with fellow judges Erin O’Connor and Caroline Winberg.
Erin and Caroline are both great.
If they keep it up, they might just get GIF recaps to their name in future! After all, at the moment Naomi does have more experience than both combined. (Which is a fact you can be damn sure she mentions during the premiere.)
6. Just to note, though: when the three mentors walk in to meet the show’s contestants, Caroline and Erin are a solid five paces behind Naomi.
Let’s not even pretend that’s a coincidence.
7. Purely gratuitous camera pan up Naomi’s outfit. She’s nodding, because she knows she looks good.
8. The models begin their auditions. Naomi is impatient.
9. Welsh beauty queen Sophie turns up and Naomi looks like this:
Why? Because the last time a beauty queen appeared on The Face, things got awkward post-show.
Spoiler: Sophie does not make it onto Team Naomi. Or onto anyone’s team in fact. She is sad about that, but (maybe) Naomi is relieved.
10. But then crazy posho Chloe-Jasmine shows up with her crazy wig and makes Naomi laugh. So that’s nice.
Here is Chloe-Jasmine’s tragic wig.
It’s from Harrods, apparently. But still. A brief note to Chloe-Jasmine’s fans: savor her. She probably won’t last long.
11. And then another contestant reminds Naomi of herself, which allows for a GENIUS moment of a young Naomi popping up on a quintessentially ’90s news show.
Young Naomi = stunning. But then, present day Naomi also = stunning. That’s maths for you!
Following the first round of auditions, the remaining hopefuls show off their runway walks. Naomi demonstrates.
12. Naomi OWNS the catwalk.
13. Meanwhile, Erin and Caroline watch and probably feel a little awkward inside.
Or maybe they’re thinking about bagels. I’m thinking about bagels right now.
14. It’s the models’ turn to show off their walks. Naomi pretends to be nervous.
Why would Naomi be nervous? IDGI.
15. And as it happens, the runway walks all suck. One sucks so bad Naomi has a giggle fit.
Bonus: Erin’s delightful derp-face.
Naomi is still laughing. So much it has brought her to tears.
These tears could well be staged, however. I was lucky enough to go and watch an afternoon’s filming of The Face earlier this summer and can confirm that Naomi had a makeup artist present at any/all points upon which a touch-up may have proved necessary.
16. And that’s enough of the runway stuff. Now it’s time for Naomi, Erin and Caroline to pick their teams. First though, Naomi has to let out a stealthy fart.
OMG I’m kidding, she’s viewing a model’s photo that is particularly edgy/fierce/stunning/odd.
I kind of can’t process the fact that I just made a Naomi Campbell fart joke.
Not sure if that’s ok or not. But #ohwell. I’m still Team Naomi.
17. The first successful contestant doesn’t choose Naomi as her mentor. Cue this reaction:
18. AND SOME SIDE EYE. FUCK YES SIDE EYE.
19. But then models left, right and center start picking Naomi. As they should. Naturally she taunts her fellow mentors, playfully.
And she smirks.
This is a high fashion smirk. Live it, love it, own it.
20. Yay! Team Naomi!
21. In fact, Naomi is the first mentor to fill her team with four model contestants. Here she is doing a celebratory dance.
22. And now here she is laying down the law to her team.
23. She’s a big fan of taking notes, apparently. So her team all get their own notebook!
That’s because reading is fundamental, and so is writing.
The Face airs on Monday evenings on Sky Living in the U.K.
It’s a must-watch, particularly once the eliminations start next week and the competition really gets heated.
1. Long lines
2. Cool drinks and snacks
Oh heyyy it’s the ATL Twins. Springgg breakkk.
6. Photographers and MILFs
7. Pizza and DJs
8. An open bar
9. People taking advantage of the open bar
10. Cool outfits
11. Cool hair
12. Glamorous people
13. Indoor beanies
15. Dancing alone
16. Dancing in an exorcism-like fashion alone
17. Boy-on-boy dancing
18. Girl-on-girl-on-girl dancing
19. Boy-on-girl-on-boy dancing
20. Cool dudes
21. Cool nails
24. Cool accessories
25. Large crowds
26. Cool hats
27. Intimate moments in cool hats
29. Social networking
30. Cool butts
31. People who DGAF
32. And twerking
1. Cute dress, no? What if I told you it’s made ENTIRELY FROM CHOCOLATE?!?!
And it debuted during the U.K.’s Chocolate Week.
2. Caroline McCall, the costume designer behind Downton Abbey, and Lindt chocolatier Stefan Bruderer created the frock with food artist Paul Wayne.
3. It required 132 pounds of chocolate and took three months to make.
Seems like an EGREGIOUS misuse of delicious chocolate, but whatever.
4. The dress is super Art Deco-inspired.
“From the first sketches that took inspiration from such a timeless period of decadence,” said Bruderer, “we knew we had the makings of an exquisite design combining high fashion and gastronomy.”
Look, it’s not the politically correct thing to say, but a lot of you are probably disappointed that Duchess Catherine had a boy and not a girl.
It’s possibly just not as exciting, is all.
Even if it’s sexist to admit.
Just think of the fashion potential of a princess versus a prince.
1. But many people have spotted an upside to a royal prince.
2. Which is that: their daughters can marry him!
4. Even their unborn daughters!
6. It’s a fine consolation prize for not marrying Prince Harry.
8. Even dads are practically lining their daughters up outside the Lindo Wing for a royal courtship.
9. And some grown ladies are just lining up themselves.
11. (This, I don’t even know.)
12. Baby boys need not exclude themselves from the courting.
13. But suggestions like this are just sick.
The new prince is OBVIOUSLY going to marry Harper Beckham.
Dawnielle, or Siryn as she goes by on her website, is a consummate geek. She loves anime, video games, comic books, and steampunk. And make-up. With hard work and some creativity she’s been able to combine these loves into a successful blog and burgeoning career.
As a costume designer, you can see her work in Castle or the movie Paul or at the amazing yearly Labyrinth of Jareth Masquerade Ball. (Seriously, click that link if you were a child of the ’80s).
The best part about Siryn is she actually tells you how to recreate any of her designs. Like a particular superheroine? Click the link to find out exactly what products to get, or give you a jumping off point to make it your own.